Architectural Sheet Metal Workers
TEK Roofing has over 25 years of experience planning, managing, and executing roofing, heritage conservation and restoration projects of all kinds. Our team is professional, reliable and are dedicated and proud to provide the best workmanship. We’ve proudly installed over a million square feet of roofing with industry-leading products such as Siplast, as well as custom metal installations with copper and Rheinzinc.
We are looking for new team members to fill the positions of Sheet Metal Workers at TEK Roofing reporting to the on-site supervisor. You will be accountable for working as part of a cohesive team to repair, replace or install flashing and cladding on commercial projects which may include heritage restorations.
• Read engineering and architectural drawings, sketches, and work specifications to be performed
• Layout, measure, and mark sheet metal according to drawings or templates
• Operate light metalworking machines such as shears, brakes, punches, and drill presses, including computer numerical control (CNC) equipment to cut, bend, punch, drill, shape or straighten sheet metal
• Operate computerized laser or plasma cutting equipment to cut sheet metal
• Install and use rigging and hoisting equipment
• Fit and join sheet metal parts using riveting, welding, soldering and similar equipment to fabricate products such as ventilation shafts, exhaust hoods, eaves troughs, partition frames, air and heat ducts, material handling systems, roof decking and sheet metal buildings
• Install sheet metal products according to specifications and building codes
• Grind and buff seams, joints and rough surfaces
• Inspect product quality and installation to ensure conformance to specifications.
• On-site installation and/or shop manufacturing of sheet metal products or
• Servicing and maintenance of installed equipment and systems
• Experience and knowledge of various specialized flashing, roofing systems, and cladding for small to large commercial projects
• Experience working with architectural sheet metal
• Architectural Sheet Metal / Worker Ticket, an asset
• Be able to work at heights, follow and understand safe work procedures
• Ability to read and understand drawings and specifications
• Strong communication and organizational skills
• Pro-active and motivated to roll up your sleeves and get the job done
• Strong work ethic – ability to work in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines while finding solutions to problems
• Team player – must value the support of those around them and look for opportunities to help others succeed
We thank all that apply but only those most qualified will be contacted