Polycrete Restorations is a structural restoration and waterproofing company who provides repair solutions and waterproofing to concrete parkades, plaza decks, retail operations, and slip resistant coatings for traffic and pedestrian walkways.
We are looking for a new team member to fill the position of Concrete Technician. In this position, you will work with a crew of on-site professionals to provide daily labour support at projects throughout the Lower Mainland related to waterproofing and structural restoration, and concrete repair.
Why join BM Group and Polycrete Restorations?
We are a family-owned who operate a portfolio that provides construction solutions in multiple industries from real estate development, construction support services, materials supply to structural support and waterproofing. We care about our people and embrace diversity. We believe each innovative talent enriches our culture and environment, because we know that when we work together, we’re stronger together.
What we offer:
- Competitive wages
- Comprehensive extended benefit program
- RRSP match
- Growth opportunities
- Company events
- Priority opportunities in pre-sales of our real estate developments
Role & Responsibilities:
- Provide daily support as directed by the on-site team
- Install structural wallpaper in work scope following all company procedures/practices
- Perform concrete repairs and waterproofing work, as required
- Install traffic deck coating, as required
- Maintain general site cleanliness to ensure job sites are clear of hazards, waste, and scrap material
- Use necessary hand/powered tools, concrete finishing, epoxy tools and trowels
- Load/unload site materials and equipment as needed
- Operate as a productive member of a high functioning team to drive results
- Maintain positive attitude to ensure positive work environment
- Understand and promote our Health & Safety program & culture
- Experience in the construction industry, related to waterproofing and concrete repair
- Prior experience working with epoxy injections and fiber-reinforced polymers (FRP), strong asset
- Knowledge of Safety practices and ability to work safely at all times
- Experience with trowels, power tools and other construction hand tools
- Fit to work – ability to see, hear, walk, stand, and lift 50lbs for full shift
- Basic computer skills (MS Office, email, etc.)
- Ability to communicate clearly in English; verbal and written
- Ability to work at heights
- Good work ethic and a willingness to learn and excel in a niche trade
- Able to work outdoors, exposed to all weather conditions, in all seasons
- Self-motivated with the ability to work as part of team
- Problem solving & time management skills, an asset
- Authorization to be able to work in Canada
- Valid Driver’s License and reliable car, an asset (some worksites may not be accessible by transit)
- Fast-paced field based construction environment
- Willing to travel locally between sites
- May be required to work outside of normal work hours on occasion to meet the needs of the business.
We are committed to equity, diversity and inclusion in our recruitment and hiring practices and welcome Indigenous persons, newcomers and persons with disabilities to apply for this and all of our opportunities.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $28.00-$30.00 per hour