LE Steel Fabricators Ltd. (LE Steel) proudly provides custom structural steel fabrication services for BC’s marine and heavy civil industries.
We are a custom fabricator of engineered, structural steel, aluminum and stainless-steel products and components, working primarily in conjunction with major pile driving contractors who provide services to clients such as: BC Ferry Corporation, Department of Fisheries and Oceans, Transport Canada and the Vancouver Port Authority. We also provide services to the film industry in the fabrication of structural steel components for stage sets and special effects.
We are looking for a new team member to fill the position of Estimator/Project Manager. In this role, you’ll be based out of Langley BC, (267th St.) and report to the LE Steel management team. You will produce detailed shop drawings that specify the exact details required for fabrication and welding for each individual assembly of a job as well as the breakdown of each assembly into its component parts.
We offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefit package based on experience/education. We like to work hard, but still take time for customers and visit work sites. We are flexible on time off and holidays.
- Develop a deep understanding of our strategic products and the scenarios in which they are a good fit for customers
- Work with goals and deadlines and cope with a wide variety of projects simultaneously
- Create and maintain strong business relationships with industry while promoting LE Steel
- Lead by example to support a positive Health & Safety culture
- Develop and prepare engineering designs and drawings from preliminary concepts, sketches, engineering calculations, specification sheets and other data
- Complete shop drawings, show material specifications, member sizes, all required dimensions, welding, bolting, surface preparation and coating requirements as well as any other information required to describe each completed part
- Clearly detail and check drawings for shop construction and execution of projects
- Collaborate with Management team and Shop Foreman daily regarding current and upcoming projects
- Organize multiple jobs to complete on time with a high degree of quality
- Be an active part of the project management team to order materials, complete job reports and perform other ad-hoc tasks as required
- Interface with clients to ensure project expectations are clear
- Arrange for shipping or delivery of completed projects, when required
- AutoCAD 2D skills must be solid. (Tekla and Solidworks skills not required)
- Background in steel fabrication/engineering/drafting could be an asset
- Strong English communication skills – oral and written
- Good attention to detail
- Self-motivated with good organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work accurately under pressure
- Adaptable to flexible work schedule when required to meet deadlines
- Ability to work with others as a team
- Good understanding of fabrication methods, welding symbols and procedures
- Proven customer service skills and abilities
LE Steel abides by a workplace smoke-free policy