Estimator / Project Manager
Contech Services, Inc. specializes in structural degradation repair along with strengthening and protecting infrastructure utilizing innovative solutions to even the most complex projects.
As an Estimator/ Project Manager for Contech Services-Seattle, you will be responsible for compiling estimates and project management related to concrete repair, strengthening, waterproofing and expansion joints. You will also provide leadership and oversee project coordination and execution of awarded bids. This position will report to the General Manager of Contech Services and the VP of Structural Restoration and Waterproofing.
Why join BM Group and Contech Services?
We are family-owned and operate a portfolio that provides construction solutions in multiple industries from real estate development, construction support services, materials supply to structural support and waterproofing. We care about our people and believe each innovative and unique talent enriches our culture and environment, because we know that when we work together, we’re stronger.
What we offer:
- Competitive salary
- 401 (k) matching
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Professional development
What you’ll do:
- Stay current with RFP’s, conduct site visits and pre-construction meetings
- Daily monitoring of bid sites and other industry resources to monitor upcoming projects
- Work with other Project Managers in estimating and bid preparation
- Review drawings and produce take-offs using Bluebeam software
- Create detailed quotes and ensure all prospective jobs leads and bids are submitted on time and are diligently followed
- Review specifications, pricing, and competitive subcontractor quotes received for accuracy
- Request clarifications from consultants / general contractors as required
- Full cycle project management of successful estimates, accepting responsibility for all aspects of the project performance
- Monitor project schedules, completion dates, deadlines and assist with project efficiencies
- Be the client and stakeholder single point of contact and ensure client relationships are prioritized
- Claims and change order management while working with the client and consultant to find the best solution for all parties
- Organize job costing summaries at project close out to maintain a library of historical unit rates for future reference while preparing tenders
- Be an active part of regular project team meetings to determine progress and address any questions/challenges regarding current and upcoming projects
- Your main work location will be the main office of Contech Services in Seattle, WA., but you may be required to visit and perform project management duties at Contech work sites as part of your role.
- Visits to sites will require proper PPE and a professional image.
We value teamwork and collaboration; therefore, this is an in-office position. A work from home, or hybrid model is unavailable for this role.
What you’ll bring:
- Diploma/Degree in Project or Construction Management, Civil Engineering, or related field, an asset
- Minimum 4 years of Estimating experience preferably in the construction sector with concrete, waterproofing and structural restoration management
- Strong understanding of construction project management procedures and best practices
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office – Word, Excel, Outlook
- Proficiency with Bluebeam Revu software
- Knowledge with MS Project an asset
- Ability to read blueprint/construction drawings
- Confident and highly professional with attention to detail
- Ambitious, enthusiastic, with a drive to grow with the company
- Excellent time management and scheduling abilities
- Excellent communication skills – verbal and written
- In-field construction or trades experience is an asset
- Valid Driver’s License
Salary: $80,000.00 – $100,000.00 or more based per year, based on industry experience
The company welcomes Indigenous persons, vulnerable youths, newcomers, and persons with disabilities to apply.
We are committed to equity, diversity and inclusion in our recruitment and hiring practices