Formwork and Finishing Carpenter
We’re Sanderson Concrete, and we design and manufacture exceptional concrete products for the landscape, building, and architectural trades. Whether we’re making walls, steps, planters, benches, tables or signage for parks and buildings. We’re the leading architectural precast company in Western Canada.
Why Join Sanderson Concrete?
We’ve got a great team, many of whom have been here for 15+ years. This is a special yard where staff are taken care of. Almost all of our work is done indoors, and with a regular schedule, you’ll have all the time you need for life outside of work. We’re also part of the BM Group, and have affiliated companies from Concrete Supply, Structural Restoration and Waterproofing, Construction Services, and Real Estate Development. We care about our people and believe if we work together, we are stronger.
What You’ll Do:
As our shop carpenter, you’ll be involved in manufacturing a wide range of concrete products. We’ve produced everything from concrete ping pong tables to art installations (like 12-foot-long salmon sculptures), so you never know what’s going to be next. We’ve made precast concrete for some of the most exciting and iconic projects in and around Vancouver – UBC, SFU, Robson Square, Kits Beach, Metro Vancouver Parks and more! Our precast concrete is even at the Grand Canyon and New York City!)
Wood is one of the main materials we use to produce our products from as all our pieces start with a mould of one type or another. With the wide variety of pieces, the moulds are different each time. There are specific ways we like to construct our moulds, and we will provide this training. Also, a lot of the work is creative thinking your way through the whole process, and how the mould fits into the process.
- Managing your materials and inventory
- Freedom to set up the shop, so it works for you
- Tools supplied
- Reading drawings
- Assisting in mould design
- Building moulds
- Assemble and finish wood for furnishings
- Development of new products
- Troubleshoot for inconsistencies in finished products
- Maintain the shop floor for cleanliness and safety
- Work according to safety guidelines at all times
- Learn other aspects of our trade, like welding and concrete.
- 5+ years Rough formwork experience
- 5 + years Finish carpentry experience
- Strong attention to detail
- Be able to self-regulate and manage time well
- Deadline conscious and motivated to finish tasks on time
- Be able to work in a team, do your part, take direction and be open to suggestions
- Be accountable for your work and the team goals
- Experience in construction or fabrication, essential
- Familiarity with concrete, an asset
- 7:30 am to 4:00 pm, Monday to Friday
- Benefits after 3 month waiting period; life insurance, dental, extended medical, prescription, vision care
- Steady, regular schedule and good supply of work
- Indoor, heated shop
The Best Part:
We’ve got a great team, many of whom have been here for 15+ years. This is a special yard where staff are taken care of. You’ll have all the time you need for life outside of work.
We’re looking for the right person that has a great attitude. So, if you’re great with your hands and looking to make a good wage, we’re waiting to hear from you!
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $28.00-$35.00 per hour