Labourer – Slab Saw Crew
Urban Sawing & Scanning was established in 1976, and has been servicing the Lower Mainland for over 40-years. Our experienced team, innovative solutions and advanced equipment has earned us the reputation as British Columbia’s number one provider of concrete cutting and scanning services.
We are looking for a new team member to fill the position of Labourer – Slab Saw Helper. Reporting to the on-site Supervisors, you will work closely with a team of concrete cutting, coring, and scanning professionals, mainly the Slab Saw Operator, to assist with various tasks associated with concrete cutting.
Why join BM Group and Urban Sawing & Scanning?
We are a family-owned who operate a portfolio that provides construction solutions in multiple industries from real estate development, construction support services, materials supply to structural support and waterproofing. We care about our people and embrace diversity. We believe each innovative talent enriches our culture and environment, because we know that when we work together, we’re stronger together.
What we offer:
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive extended benefit program
- RRSP match
- Growth opportunities
- Company events
- Priority opportunities in pre-sales of our real estate developments
What You’ll Do:
- Help promote a work environment where the safety and health of all on Urban Sawing & Scanning employees, and all other co-workers is top priority
- Set a high standard for quality of work that helps elevate the skills of the rest of the site crew
- Load and unload materials and equipment, as required
- Keep the workspace/site free of debris and construction waste
- Ensure constant communication with the Slab Saw Operator
- Operate a truck vacuum and equipment for various site cleanup tasks, including collecting slurry left behind slab saw
- Other construction related task that may be required to ensure success of a project
- Work in a safe and respectful manner on company & client job sites
Your qualifications for this role:
- Experience in the construction industry, required
- Motivated and willing to learn aspects of the concrete cutting industry
- Good work ethic and positive attitude
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Valid Driver’s License would be an asset
We are committed to equity, diversity and inclusion in our recruitment and hiring practices and welcome Indigenous persons, newcomers and persons with disabilities to apply for this and all of our opportunities.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: From $24.00 per hour