Ready Mix Truck Driver
Vancouver Ready Mix is an independent, B.C. owned and operated ready-mix concrete supply company that offers a full range of concrete products. Our concretes are designed for specific applications such as driveways, sidewalks, patios, structural columns, and decorative uses such as stamped concrete. We are currently hiring 10 additional Ready Mix Truck Driver for our team.
Full Job Description
The successful candidate will drive a Ready-Mix Truck equipped with an auxiliary concrete mixer to deliver concrete mix and other related construction products to job-sites.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Abide by Company Personnel Policy Manual, Safety minutes, and internal memos while performing duties safely.
- Perform pre- and post-trip safety check on equipment daily to ensure safe operation. Document any maintenance that may be required. Notify Dispatch and Shop of any maintenance or repairs that require immediate attention.
- Backs truck under loading hopper when instructed, starts mixer to receive concrete. Follows guidelines and instructions by dispatch personnel.
- Drives truck to designated job-site for unloading. Must distinguish between safe and unsafe conditions at the job-site, in traffic and throughout plant areas.
- Assembles concrete chute and attaches chute to the back of the truck. Controls appropriate levers and controls on truck to discharge concrete according to specifications from the contractor into a wheelbarrow or other conveying container, like a pump, or directly into area to be poured with concrete.
- If appropriate, wash out truck at the job-site and replace chute on truck after delivery to prevent concrete from hardening in mixer, on truck, and on chutes.
- Cleans truck surface with cleaning solution while wearing appropriate Personal Protective Equipment.
- When the workload is light, assist other areas of the plants, do yard clean-up, strip and move blocks, clean up pads, shovel at multiple locations throughout the yard, perform dust control and other duties as assigned.
Primarily Lower Mainland B.C. depending upon work site. Business address – 22765 Fraser Highway Langley, BC, V3A 4R6.
• Completion of Secondary School is required
• No experience necessary. On the Job Training is provided to the new hires.
• Class 1 or 3 Driver’s License with air brake endorsement or license equivalent to Class 1 or 3 from another jurisdiction is required.
Language Skills – English
Ability to read and comprehend instructions, short correspondence, city directories, road maps, load ticket, MSDS sheets and memos. Ability to write routine correspondence or documentation.
Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization. Complete incident reports in a clear and understandable manner.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed written or oral instruction.
Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
Other Skills and Abilities
Previous Commercial truck driving experience and concrete work is preferred, but not mandatory. Must meet the physical requirements for licensing. Understanding of body mechanics to prevent injury and must be somewhat physically capable as job does require physical work.
Must be able to work a flexible schedule during busy season. Must be able to work late and/or irregular hours. Previous knowledge of construction and construction products is an asset. Must understand and maintain the internal and external customer service responsibilities of the position.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is frequently required to sit, use hands and fingers to handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, stoop, crouch, crawl and talk or hear. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 60 lbs. to shoulder height. Must be able to lift, place and set warehouse products as required during loading preparation, loading and unloading. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Must wear Personal Protective Equipment as required by the company safety policy in the performance of the job.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to outside weather conditions (may be extreme hot or cold). The employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, moving mechanical parts, minimal amount of non-hazardous dust daily and fumes or other possible airborne particles. The employee is occasionally exposed to high and precarious places which require agility and the ability to maintain balance. There may be vibrations from equipment. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud to very loud. Must be flexible regarding the work assigned due to temporary job assignments.
Terms of Employment
Full-time, Permanent, Year-round, Flexible schedule, Weekends, Day, Morning, Evening, Night (part-timers are also welcomed to apply)
• 8-hour shift, 40 hours per week
• Overtime may be required
• Weekend availability may be required
• On call (variable)
Remuneration and Benefits – Compensation
New successful candidate will earn $27.50 per hour to begin with and could earn up to $38.50 per hour depending upon experience and service to the business. We follow BC Employment Standards for overtime, vacation, and statutory holidays.
New successful candidate will be provided benefits such as extended health, dental, prescription drug, vision, Disability, Retirement Savings Plan match up to 3% after 3 months of employment. 2 weeks of vacation will start after one year of employment.
On the Job Training program is a huge benefit for the workers entering in our industry. We have skilled trainers available for your initial orientation, training, and testing on the job.
How to Apply
The applicants are encouraged to apply through an email to prevent delays.
Email – email@example.com
Mail – Attn Racheal Bertrand 22765 Fraser Highway, Langley, BC, V3A 4R6
Fax – 604.533.0811