Skilled Construction Workers
Fraserway Prekast is a manufacturer, wholesaler, and retailer of quality precast concrete products. Our projects range from residential precast concrete products such as stair units and on-site wastewater to large complicated custom structural precast products for civil infrastructure and commercial such as municipal water works, traffic control, and civil utility.
We are looking to hire several Skilled Construction Workers.
The position is full time, 40 hours per week. It is based out of Address: 22765 Fraser Highway Langley, BC, V3A 4R6, which is also our business address. You will work throughout the lower mainland.
The position pays $20.00 – $25.00 per hour, depending on level of experience with the possibility of performance-based raises. You will also receive extended health benefits, prescription drugs, dental coverage, and 2 weeks’ vacation.
The duties of the Skilled Construction Workers are to:
- Load and unload construction materials, and move materials to work areas
- Erect and dismantle concrete forms, scaffolding, ramps, catwalks, shoring and barricades required at construction sites
- Mix, pour and spread materials such as concrete and asphalt
- Assist tradespersons such as carpenters, bricklayers, cement finishers, roofers and glaziers in construction activities
- Assist heavy equipment operators to secure special attachments to equipment, signal operators to guide them in moving equipment and provide assistance in other activities
- Level earth to fine grade specifications using rake and shovel
- Remove rubble and other debris at construction sites using rakes, shovels, wheelbarrows and other equipment
- Operate pneumatic hammers, vibrators and tampers as directed
- Tend or feed machines or equipment used in construction such as mixers, compressors and pumps
- Perform other activities at construction sites, as directed.
The requirements of the position are:
- 2+ years as a general construction labourer required
- Flagmen/women may require a traffic control certificate, strong asset
- Ability to demonstrate knowledge of safe work practices in the concrete finishing industry
- Sound knowledge of mixing cement, mortar, and other construction related materials
- Ability to understand and communicate in English, required
- First Aid Certificate, strong asset
- WHMIS certificate, required
The company welcomes Indigenous persons, vulnerable youths, newcomers and persons with disabilities to apply