LE Steel Fabricators Ltd. (LE Steel), part of the BM Group, proudly provides custom structural steel fabrication services for BC’s marine and heavy civil industries. We are a custom fabricator of engineered, structural steel, aluminum and stainless-steel products and components, working primarily in conjunction with major pile driving contractors who provide services to clients such as: BC Ferry Corporation, Department of Fisheries and Oceans, Transport Canada and the Vancouver Port Authority. The Company has also been providing services to the motion picture industry in the fabrication of structural steel components for stage sets and special effects.
We are looking for new team members to fill the position of Steel Fabricators. In this role, you’ll report to the Shop Foreman, and be based out of the Langley BC shop (267th St.). You will work in a shop setting alongside other Steel Fabricators and Welders to work on a variety of interesting projects to fabricate, many one-of-a-kind, large heavy plate steel components for the marine and movie industries. The projects are everchanging and the there is very little repetition.
Our shop employees pride themselves on their work, and they are very good at what they do. If you think you can be part of the team and contribute to the skill set, this opportunity is for you.
• Fabricate, assemble, fit, and install steel components for various specialty projects
• Review drawings to determine materials required, and to plan the sequence of tasks to cut metal most efficiently
• Construct patterns and templates as guides for layouts
• Lay out reference points and patterns on heavy metal according to component specifications
• Rig, hoist and move materials to storage areas or within worksite
• Assemble and fit metal sections and plates to form complete units or subunits using tack welding, bolting, riveting or other methods
• Set up and operate various heavy-duty metal-working machines to bend, cut, form, punch, drill or otherwise form heavy-metal components
• Install fabricated components in final product
• Work with goals and deadlines and cope with a wide variety of projects simultaneously
- Red Seal Fabricator certification, preferred, but open to apprentice positions
- Experience in the reading of shop drawings – knowledge of weld sizes
- Direct experience in the steel fabrication industry as it applies to all or most of the aspects fabrication
- A practical background, with a sound knowledge of the steel fabricators’ trade Ability to weld, would be an asset
- A good understanding of welding techniques and procedures
- A strong attention to detail
- Willingness and ability to work overtime (when required) to help meet project deadlines
- Ability to work with others as a team
- Open shop, environment, Employment Standards rules on overtime
- Day Shift: 6:30am to 3:00pm (Monday to Friday),
- Afternoon Shift: 3:00pm to 1:00am (Monday to Thursday)
Wage: $38.00-$40.25 per hour
We thank all that apply but only those most qualified will be contacted.