Steel Estimator / Project Manager
LE Steel Fabricators Ltd. proudly provides custom steel fabrication services for BC’s marine and heavy civil industries.
We are looking for a new team member to fill the position of Estimator/Project Manager.
In this role, you’ll be based out of Langley BC, (267th St.). You will estimate projects and assist with producing detailed shop drawings that specify the exact details required for fabrication and welding for each individual assembly of a job as well as the breakdown of each assembly into its component parts.
Why join BM Group and LE Steel?
We are family-owned and provide construction solutions in multiple industries from real estate development, construction support services, materials supply to structural support and waterproofing. We care about our people and believe each unique person enriches our culture and environment, We thrive on collaboration and know that when we work together, we’re stronger together.
What we offer:
- Competitive salary
- Group RRSP Program
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Flexibility on Vacations
- Professional development
What You’ll Do
- Develop a deep understanding of our strategic products and the scenarios in which they are a good fit for customers
- Collaborate with Management team and Shop Foreman daily regarding current and upcoming projects
- Develop and prepare estimates and engineering drawings from preliminary concepts, sketches, engineering calculations, specification sheets and other data
- Work with estimating goals and deadlines and cope with a wide variety of project requests simultaneously
- Complete shop drawings, show material specifications, member sizes, all required dimensions, welding, bolting, surface preparation and coating requirements
- Clearly detail and check drawings for shop construction and execution of projects
- Create and maintain strong business relationships with industry while promoting LE Steel
- Interface with clients, be a point of contact and ensure project expectations are clear
- Be an active part of the project management team to order materials, complete job reports and perform other ad-hoc tasks as required
- Arrange for shipping or delivery of completed projects, when required
- Lead by example to support a positive Health & Safety culture
What You’ll Need:
- AutoCAD 2D skills must be solid. (Tekla and Solidworks skills not required)
- Background in steel fabrication/engineering/drafting/welding could be an asset
- Strong English communication skills – oral and written
- Good attention to detail
- Self-motivated with good organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work accurately under pressure
- Adaptable to flexible work schedule when required to meet deadlines
- Ability to work with others as a team
- Good understanding of fabrication methods, welding symbols and procedures
- Proven customer service skills and abilities
- Driver’s License and own vehicle
- Ability to multitask and prioritize in a fast-paced environment
- Office environment with some shop exposure. This is not a work-from-home opportunity
- May be required to work outside of normal work hours on occasion to meet the needs of the business.
We are committed to equity, diversity and inclusion in our recruitment and hiring practices and welcome Indigenous persons, newcomers and persons with disabilities to apply for this and all of our opportunities.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $70,000.00-$90,000.00 per year